Here are truths that can’t be ignored:
- Chris Collins was the first member of Congress to endorse Donald Trump. Chris Collins has been indicted for engaging in insider stock trading from the White House lawn during a picnic.
- Duncan Hunter was the second member of Congress to endorse Donald Trump. Duncan Hunter has been indicted for stealing $250,000 from his campaign to fund travel for his pet rabbit, video games, family trips, dental work, groceries, and more.
- Paul Manafort was the head of Trump’s campaign for months. His service included the Republican National Convention. Manafort was convicted by a jury on eight counts.
- Michael Cohen was Trump’s personal lawyer for years. Michael Cohen has pleaded guilty on eight counts. Two of those counts relate to violations of campaign finance laws. In pleading guilty, Cohen implicated Trump in the campaign finance law violations.
- After months of lies, Trump has admitted he paid a porn star and a Playboy model to keep quiet about affairs. According to Trump, the payments were legal because they came from his personal fortune. The problem with Trump’s argument is that those contributions had to be reported. The failure to report made the payments illegal campaign contributions.
On Tuesday, August 21, 2018, Paul Manafort was found guilty, Michael Cohen Pleaded guilty, and Duncan Hunter was indicted. That very night, Trump hosted a rally in West Virginia. During the rally, Trump and his supporters called for Hillary Clinton to be locked up.
Trump’s lawyer is an admitted felon. Trump’s campaign manager is a convicted felon. The first two members of Congress to endorse Trump are both on their way to being convicted felons. Yet, Trump and his supporters still scream about Hillary Clinton.
There is no conclusion possible other than Trump’s supporters are delusional. So much for draining the swamp.