This Thanksgiving finds me with more to be thankful for than ever. So, I thought I would make a list of those things that find me feeling more thankful, hopeful, and optimistic than I have ever felt on Thanksgiving.
The below list is not by any means a ranking. It’s simply the order things came to mind.
- I’m thankful for those who truly love me. I’m sure all of you, there aren’t many, know if I’m referring to you. Your love, especially because I could count on it when my good life was way more hope than reality, has meant more than even I can pretend to put into words.
- I’m thankful for the animals whose love, entertainment, and unique personalities bring much joy and happiness to my life.
- I’m thankful for having a job. That’s especially true because I have a job where I can truly make a difference.
- I’m thankful for my wonderful house and the miracle that made it mine.
- I’m thankful for the unwavering belief I have managed to hold onto for a couple of years that I will always land on my feet.
- I’m thankful for the curiosity that powers my thirst for knowledge.
- I’m thankful for my ability to appreciate my strengths.
- I’m thankful for the humility to recognize my many weaknesses.
- I’m thankful for the determination to continue improving.
- I’m thankful for my commitment to the search for a magical love.
- I’m thankful for the knowledge that I, in some ways, am uniquely talented.
- I’m thankful for the acceptance of the reality that in other ways I struggle and will always need help.
- I’m thankful for finally being confident and comfortable enough to be able to admit I need help.
- I’m thankful for the belief that next year on Thanksgiving I’ll have even more to be thankful about. Who knows, I may even be writing next year’s list of thanks next to someone other than Mr. Rogers. The thought of it makes me smile, keeps me hopeful, and lets me know there’s much more to appreciate from life.